1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

90g AFTER using the Coralife TurboTwist UV Sterilizer

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums & Fish Photos' started by MOD_Dawn, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Thread Starter Active Member

:D Here's some descent pictures of the inhabitants of the 90g.
    :D Enjoy!
    9-9-08 opal. gouramis, albino cory, z.danios,red-eyed tetras,glow danios - Copy.jpg 9-9-08 Bronze corys, Serpae Tetras, and black neon tetras - Copy.jpg 9-9-08 neon tetras and opaline gouramis - Copy.jpg 9-9-08 serpae tetras,red-eyed tetra,baby bristlenose in stoneheads mouth - Copy.jpg 9-9-08 Golden mystery snail in all his glory - Copy.jpg 9-9-08 opaline gouramis, z.danios,bronze cory, n.tetras - Copy.jpg 9-9-08 Red-Eyed tetras and golden mystery snail - Copy.jpg

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Re: New picts of the 90g after the uv

Nice ;)

3. MOD_Dawn

Thanks, but I still think it's missing something...but then again i'm sort of a perfectionist ;)

4. trajik ink

trajik ink New Member

very nice ;)

5. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I'd add some brighter fish, like rainbows.

6. MOD_Dawn

You mean these? http://animal-world.com/encyclo/fresh/Rainbowfish/Rainbowfish.php
    If so, they look pretty nice...maybe next time I get to the lfs I ask if they have any. I remember seeing something similar but they were more greyish, but after reading the link I guess thats normal at first.

7. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Yep, those. I've seen several different color varieties. Some with reds, blues and yellows.

8. crazhrse

crazhrse New Member

or about 25 male fancy guppies

9. MOD_Dawn

I ran into petco tonight and they were having this 5 for $5 sale so I ended up getting 10 neon tetras, 5 black neon tetras, 5 hi-fin black skirt tetras, and 5 bloodfin tetras. Later on somewhere down the line I think i'ma get 3 of those rainbow fish anthony told me about and probably about 20 more cherry shrimp and possibly 1 bamboo shrimp...then I think i'll be satisfied. ;)

10. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Sounds good. Those black shirt tetras are normally expensive.

11. MOD_Dawn

I love guppies, but they don't love me :)
    I dunno, everytime I had them they either croaked from never delivering...the males tortured the females to death despite the 3female to 1 male ratio I followed...or they would just get stuck to the filter heads?
    Maybe it was just bad luck, maybe bad stock, maybe stress of transferring?
    Would they be compatible with all I've got in there now?
    If so, maybe I'll give 2 a shot and see now that the tank is stable and back in order.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

be careful when buying fish from petco.. i have bad experiences with that store. everytime i get fish from there, the fish (i always pick the healthiest in the tank)
    either has ick or is all beat up or unfed.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

petco is a horrible store.

14. MOD_Dawn

Normally my local Petco is crap, but this one was further out and their tanks were impeccable! Not one dead fish, no signs of ick, and fish were in excellent shape (no tore fins, fungus, ich, bloat, etc).

Normally I would NEVER buy anything alive and breathing from their store, however this particular store was different from the norm, so buy away I did. All fish are still in my tank doing absolutely fab & swimming in schools.
    I've attached some pictures of the tank since the sterilizer has been running in addition to the the inhabitants (my finned children) in it (including the Petco fish) since they say pictures speak a thousand words.

:eek: Just realized I've said over 9,000 words...and I'm not even winded! :)
    9-13-08 Serpae tetras, albino corydoras, bristlenose pleco - Copy.jpg 9-13-08 Serpae Tetras - Copy.jpg 9-13-08 school of Neon Tetras (fl. neon tetra in back) - Copy.jpg 9-13-08 Baby Bristlenose plecos (2) - Copy.jpg 9-13-08 baby bristlenose plecos - Copy.jpg 9-13-08 baby bristlenose pleco closeup - Copy.jpg 9-13-08 opaline gouramis, black skirt tetras, red-eyed tetras, glow danios - Copy.jpg 9-13-08 90g planted - Copy.jpg 9-13-08 90 gallon aquarium after uv - Copy.jpg

15. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Looks really good. Your plants look like they're doing well.

16. MOD_Dawn

Thank you, it's amazing that all it took was a uv sterilizer to get to this point!
    Plants are doing great, I was really shocked that I had to trim them as soon as I did, and now I only add plant chemicals when it looks like their lacking that something...instead of following the bottles directions.

17. MOD_Dawn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.