1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Hans Discus

Discussion in 'Discus' started by jrow8162, Feb 19, 2010.

1. jrow8162

jrow8162 Thread Starter Member

Hey Guys!

Tim at Fin and Feather on West Broad Street in Richmond VA is going to be ordering some Discus from Hans Discus soon. Not sure where you guys get yours from but every Discus i've seen come from there are awesome! He's getting a great deal on shipping so he will be selling them at great prices. I will keep you posted on when he gets them.

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Mine are from Hans, my lfs (oddball pets & aquariums) ordered through him also.
    photos are in my signature (90g)..the one in my signature is my favorite- Red Scribbled!

3. jrow8162

I'm so excited! I saw the Discus at another store here, Azalea, and they look great! Yours do too! I'm going in on the order with the guy here and buying as many as I can afford. Its gonna be a few weeks but he is gonna setup a few new tanks for these new Discus. My brother is getting some too!

4. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

ps. these are the parameters that Hans keeps his at:
    GH 15, KH 8, pH 7, TEMPERATURE 30º C / 86º F

5. jrow8162

Looks like the prices I get from Skoolzoffish... I'm getting some of my replacement Discus on Sunday. He told me he was only giving me two of the four on Sunday. Guess he had to replace a lot of other people's fish too so he's trying to spread it out. I'm gonna try to get all four at once but its not looking like thats gonna happen. I'm just glad he's replacing them.

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

If I were you I woulda took the money back and got them from Hans...but I'm sure the seller has to be smart enough (if they want to keep there customers) to make sure to quarantine them the 2nd time around.

7. jrow8162

We will see. I know things happen so I am willing to give him another shot. I already paid for them and they looked really good so hopefully these turn out ok.

8. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Active Member

Fin and Feather almost always gets their Discus from Hans.... They have for the past 2.5 years....

9. jrow8162

I know the one in Lakeside used to keep them quite often. Tim at the Broad Street store had them for a while but quit stocking them. He's gonna order more once he clears out one of the tanks. He said he's only lost maybe 2 Discus that were shipped from Hans and they all got replaced! I cant wait till he gets them in.

10. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

I receive 2 kribs and some ghost shrimp from skoolz. the kribs never even hit his tanks. Of couse one died and the other had ich. 9 out of 12 shrimp were dead the next day. Please be careful with who you get discus from, Loses can get quite expensive. Everyone surviving at this point. He is going to replace the krib and I set up a hospital tank for when I get any new inhabitants. Lesson learned.

11. jrow8162

Did you get them last week? I got my fish last Tuesday night. I've had great experiences with him in the past. Just not this time. We'll see what happens. I just want my fish replaced or my money back.

12. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Last Tuesday is correct. This was my 1st fish order through him.

13. LemonDiscus

One of the 3 at Lakeside Fin and Feather was one of mine....

14. jrow8162

They were nice looking fish! Pricey too!

15. LemonDiscus

I know... they are TOO expensive on the 3 there... really, I bet if you make an offer they will sell them CHEAP! Here is the thing about them... all 3 are SEVERELY stunted and probably wont grow any larger than they are... I know mine wont...

Offer $25 a piece... I bet they will sell them! Maybe even $50 for all 3....

16. jrow8162

My friend Alex just got a job there. I may talk to him about selling them. I need to get the numbers up before moving the ones I just got into the bigger tank. They are doing great in the 20 gallon. I'm doing 50% water changes everyday like you said and feeding them live black worms and blood worms. They are eating six times a day and will even eat the blood worms out of my hand!