1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

white eye

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases & Cures' started by jonny123, Jun 23, 2010.

1. jonny123

jonny123 Thread Starter New Member

i have a 40 gal 2 silver dollers some mollys a cat fish ninons ,i think i did the worst thing cl 6 free silver dollers a cat fish picked up in a bucket siad his tank was grate but moving.well heres the worst thing i took them out of the bucket added them to my tank :( to notce 3 of the 6 silver dollers have white eyes raed a bit best thing i read lots of water changers no meds .is that true or should i get meds ??

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

A cloudy eye can be caused by poor water quality and/or an injury.

3. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

Aquarium Problems & Fish Illness Symptom & Solution Chart

4. jonny123

yeah it looks like cloudy eye white and not both eyes just one eye on 3 fish odd i think

5. nossie

nossie Member

So... you should probably have your water tested, and make sure that the parameters are good :)
    But if I were you, I would separate the affected fish (only if you have a cycled hospital tank ready) and treat them with a bacterial medication or feed them with some medicated food for a couple of weeks :) BUT NOT BEFORE YOU'VE TESTED THE WATER!! (And don't treat them unless you see for sure that there are no troubles with the water quality)

6. jonny123

they seem to be clear now my guess previos owner didnt take care of them ive been doing water changers daily gonna work on seting up a hospital tank i was nevers my outhers would all of goten white eye to no signs yet i couldnt pass up 6 free silver dollors and a cat now i gut 8 silver dollors lol all seem to get along even though my two are much biger 3 31/2 round outhers 2 inchs

? how long will it take them to get 3 to 4 inchs ?

7. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Cloudy eyes aren't contagious.