1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

azalea aquarium - richmond/henrico, va

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by steves_kiki, Jun 7, 2010.

1. steves_kiki

steves_kiki Thread Starter New Member

Ok, I know I haven't posted in forever... but I found this hole in the wall fish store... they specialize in african cichlids. Its looks teeny tiny when you first walk in, but walk to the back of the store and go through the back room...there are 2 more rooms of fish! I bought a grab bag of cichlids off craigslist which came with a free giant catfish...I found out about the cichlids and just by explaining the catfish, he knew exactly what it was! I've read that the owner can be and is mean, but he seemed fine to me...
    Kin

2. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

I've been there a couple of times and never had a problem with the owner or employees.

3. steves_kiki

steves_kiki Thread Starter New Member

You know.... the only people I hear who don't like the owner are men....maybe its a man thing?

4. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Could be! Isn't craigslist great!

5. GREENTEAL52

GREENTEAL52 Member

I've been there a few times knowledgeable and somewhat friendly , some saltwater as well , also some kool ells

6. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Great Doffodil cichlids.

7. Ben

Ben New Member

I go to Azalea from time to time and have had great experiences their recently. Awesome place for cichlid advice if you deal with Chuck.

8. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

Employees there are nice. I haven't met the owner yet but my brother and everyone else I know don't really care for him. He has some conflicting opinions on how to keep fish but aside from that he has the best selection in Richmond. A little pricey but its easy to spend hours in that shop looking around.

9. Cathy Lombard

Cathy Lombard New Member

My husband and I have been coming to this store for over 20 years. The staff is very knowlegable and will ask you questions before selling you anything to kmake sure you will not have issues later. We have several FW and SW tanks and we are pleased with dealing with them and continue to buy from them. The owner is not mean at all and has a great sense of humor. I guess everyone considering some help from there staff might not take information the same way. I have been fortunate and have benefited from there help. I don't consider them pricey because I have feel you pay for what you get and there help is priceless. I rather support indepedent stores vs shopping elsewhere where all they care about is your money.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brent W

Brent W Member

Welcome to the site and thanks for your input :)

11. williemcd

williemcd New Member

I've been to Keiths (AA) store 3 times and will never darken his doorway again. He's rude, arrogant and extremely opinionated. (And sometimes 100% wrong).. Skoolzoffish just around the corner blows him away with service and selection.