1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Fin and Feathers - Lakeside Ave Richmond, VA

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Anthony, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Anthony

Anthony Thread Starter Active Member

I went to this store for the first time on Saturday. As far as regular aquarium fish go I thought their selection was pretty slim. They had a decent amount of Cichlids, Africans and some SAs. Their "peaceful" fish selection was limited to some platies, tetras and a couple others. Nothing impressive by any means.

Down where their "Water garden" area was they had koi and pond goldfish. I was actually impressed with this area. They have a nice variety of koi and goldfish and their prices seemed really good. When I do a koi pond this is where I'll be purchasing the fish from.

All in all for me it was a waste of the day to drive over there.

2. Ben

Ben New Member

My experience with Fin and Feather is if you want any decent selection you have to go the day after their shipment arrives. Have found some nice things in there from time to time but prices are quite high on some fish. Their pond area is excellent.

3. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

I dont shop there anymore. They dont do much with the fish. I know the guys running the fish department. Nice guys but they dont do much with the fish. You can get some nice plants there. They have a pretty nice selection. Prices are a little high too! Not a fan of Perfect Pets fish these days either. Its getting real hard to find good quality fish in Richmond now. Skoolz is pretty much the only place I will spend any money on fish. Rama takes a lot of pride in the fish he sells and guarantees everything! I haven't bought any new fish in a while but when I do thats where i'm getting them.