1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Fungus / Cotton fungus on betta fish?

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases & Cures' started by Anastasia, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Anastasia

Anastasia Thread Starter New Member

I was at walmart yesterday, i was checking out the bettas and i saw one that had this clearish whiteish stuff on him all over his body and fins. i felt so bad i had to take him home but now I'm not sure if it is a fungus or maybe exesive slime coat? i hear alittle tee tree oil will solve it but i don't know can anyone tell me what it is and how to treat it? please and thankyou

2. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

Is there anyway that you can get a picture?

3. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

4. Anastasia

I he was in one of those cups that they sell bettas in he is in a 2 gallon bowl I'm doing 50 percent water changes everyday he will go in my 10 gallon when he's better I'm worried he'll share his stuff with my other fishi will try to get a good picture but the quality isnt great on my phone

5. buzz4520

Get some of that Bettafix and treat him, that's the best advise I have so far.

6. Anastasia

I'm using the bettafix and he's starting to look better now thank you for all of your advice :) is there a good way to keep him from getting it again?

• Like Like x 1
  7. buzz4520

I'm glad that he's doing much better.
    For now, keep up with the bettafix treatment seeing how your seeing improvement in him. After treatment and he's all better than keeping his water clean will keep him happy and healthy. If you decide to keep him in the 2g fish bowl then I would suggest doing a complete water change/bowl cleaning every other day. Persona I would say that he will be much happier in a 5g or 10g with a filter and heater.

8. Anastasia

I agree i think he'll be much happier when i move him. just want to make sure he isnt contagious or anything first.
    i thought they need some bacteria in the water, that's why i only did half