1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Howdy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Shadow Bass, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Shadow Bass

Shadow Bass Thread Starter New Member

Long time fish keeper (over 30 years) Now retired, and find myself with lots of time to kill talking fish with nice folks of forums.

Ive owned a few forums in the past, mostly on VBulletin software, i saw that Xen foro is highly recommended by the folks on the AdminZone, so i thought i would see how it runs, and maybe make a fish keeping friend or two in the bargain :)

2. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

Welcome to our little corner of the interwebs :) Glad to have you here, what fish do you currently keep?

3. Shadow Bass

At my age, ive scaled my hobby down quite a bit, just keeping a few angelfish, and Black Calvis. Also have a oddball single here and there, one troph. Just enough to keep me doing water changes :)

4. BarbH

BarbH Member

Hello and welcome to EFF. Looking forward to hearing about your fish and tank/tanks :)

5. Shadow Bass

Hi Barb, nice to meet you :) im afraid i do more talking now than actual serious fish keeping. After about 30 years of keeping about everything under the sun including salt and North American natives, im afraid my hobby is winding down somewhat. I still enjoy forums though and have lots of time since i retired, so i guess i talk fish keeping more than get too excited about a new project or tank full of fish. However, i may set up a 40 breeder this late Fall and Winter full of plants, no plans on stocking yet.

6. BarbH

BarbH Member

I can understand, right now I am currently running one tank. I have a few empty ones that I will set up in the future for doing small Angelfish breeding projects, but space and time do keep me limited on what I have running. For your planted tank that you are thinking about doing are you thinking about going with a low tech setup or going high tech with pressurized CO2 and high lighting?

7. Shadow Bass

I expect to use T5 , but no high tech Co2. i dont wanna get too involved :) Ive given some thought to stocking with a group of Black Banded Sunfish.

[​IMG]

8. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

Sunfish are one of my favorite natives.

9. BarbH

BarbH Member

Beautiful looking fish. When I did my 72 gallon I went with Leds. The lighting puts me within medium range for lighting, with a good layer of floating plants the lighting is not too bright for the fish and so far no issues with algae. I had thought about using T5s, but after considering the price of replacement bulbs and the energy efficiency of leds figured I would give them a try.

10. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

Welcome.

11. skinz78

skinz78 Member

Welcome to Exotic Fish Forum!