1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

I hurt my Discus fish

Discussion in 'Discus' started by LemonDiscus, Feb 2, 2009.

1. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Thread Starter Active Member

:(
    I feel so bad, when the Discus jumped out of the net yesterday while moving them back to the 125, I knew I hurt her, I just did not know what I did.

Yesterday she was dark and hiding behind the filter intake on the Emperor. I noticed a few gashes in her scales and a spot on her eye. She did not eat or hardly move yesterday.

Today when I got home she was out and about with her normal color (brown as this is the Santerem Discus). I looked at her eye and the cornea is peeled out. I really hurt her bad. She is feeding and at her normal energy level today though which is great!! But still I feel so bad. After she jumped out of the net yesterday I went into a panic and started shaking and have been worried sick all day :confused:

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Re: I hurt my fish

Remember that you are doing all that you can to provide that fish with a great life, and that you didnt mean to hurt her. She is not going to hold that grudge against you, why should you rack your emotions and stress yourself. She will get through this I am sure and it will be because of your expert care, and if she doesnt, then she lived a great life and again it was because of your expert care.

3. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Thread Starter Active Member

Yeah I am sure she will be fine.... That was one heck of a mistake to make though! It is a lot of money to loose in a fish potentially though!!!

Truth, I netted her with another Discus in my large net! For about 2 minutes out of the water though it is a miracle that she has made it through the day!

On the plus side, my Discus are sort of shoaling for once.... the tetras are out more, and everyone seems happy in the new layout....

BTW - Nelson I PMed you.

4. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I've had that happen before (Fish jump out of the net). I make sure now that I slowly raise the net out of the water and place my hand over the opening to help avoid it from happening again.

You know what you're doing so I'm sure she'll be good as new in no time.

5. stevenrox

stevenrox New Member

yea happened to me before my arowana jumped out when i tried to net it and i grabed its head ( i panic and i just wanted to put him back in) and he was slaping me and is hurt pretty bad to his side scales are falling off