1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

microrasbora galaxy

Discussion in 'Cyprinid Fish' started by mazzy, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mazzy

mazzy Thread Starter New Member

has anyone succeded in breeding microrasbora sp. galaxy?
    i have 6 in a 18 L aquarium with 4 red cherrys and i was wondering if it is possible to breed them in such a small tank.
    Thank you

2. James0816

James0816 New Member

Ahhhh....the CPD (Celestial pearl danio). Very beautiful fish.

I know of a few that have had success with them. Can't say that your conditions would be ideal with the Cherry Barbs though. If you really wanted to breed them, I would consider a nicely planted species only tank.

3. mazzy

mazzy Thread Starter New Member

when i said red cherry i meant the shrimps :p red cherry shrimp. sry for the misunderstanding, i dont know the english folk names for fish :p

4. James0816

James0816 New Member

Ahhhhhh....that changes things up a bit. ;o)

May be a tad on the crowded side. Those that I know have had success have been in 10g tanks.

5. betta

betta Administrator Staff Member

Breeding fish requires a great deal of care and attention, not just rasbora or danio fish. And without a doubt, if you're going to breed fish in your primary aquarium you had better have a great deal of space to ensure that fish can remain undisturbed by others and claim their own territories. Usually breeding is best done in isolated breeding tanks, sometimes called "breeder boxes" among hobbyists and in the fish industry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.