1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

New Fish This Weekend!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Discus' started by LemonDiscus, Mar 17, 2009.

1. LemonDiscus

LemonDiscus Thread Starter Active Member

Well, as I have on here I put my Red Sunsets up for sale... they did not sell but I went to play one of my 3 guitars yesterday and discovered my $300 amp is shot.... I only play them less than 1 time a month...

I figured it was time to let them go! One of them someone is coming to pick up tonight which rakes me in $200!

Next I hope somebody want my other 2! One is listed @ $350 and the other @ $220!

There will be 6 Wild Discus this weekend at Animal Jungle with my name on them! PLUS I get to keep my Red Sunsets :)

Here are the plain wilds (I may get a few of these):

And here are the Heckels that I REALLY want!:

Sorry for the bad images... tries getting them before the edit time ran out! :) (not the actual fish I will be buying but what the strains look like)

2. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

Looking nice :D Wow more discus for you! I felt sad when I saw you wanted to do away your discus :) I love them and you post so much pics of them ^^ Great to see you dont have to do em away and can get some new :)

3. LemonDiscus

Well I called the guy.... Still waiting for him to call back... Hopefully he will!

4. LemonDiscus

I am loosing hope in this sale..... :( Hopefully something will sell before Sunday... I want those fish!

5. James0816

James0816 New Member

Did you check on the little blue up here?

6. LemonDiscus

Yes... too small :confused: Its smaller than 3"... She said it was 5" and I was like I will get it this weekend and she saw my video and was like... "no mine is MUCH smaller than yours.... I want you to have him because you are experienced with them... but if you say that it is too small I trust you on that..."

It is too small... even the photo looked like a juvenile! It will get picked on like crazy in my tank :confused:

7. LemonDiscus

It has to be this freaking economy! I have had a lowball offer on my Les Paul and a flake it seems on my Explorer...

I dont see why there is no interest! I paid over $1500 for the 3 of these on Craigs List.... and asking MUCH less :(

8. LemonDiscus

Well I have almost lost faith that any of these will sell by Sunday :confused: I have had a few more people contact and ALL of them are trying to trade me junk or offering $100 for that $350 guitar.... I paid about $450 for that guitar but it listed for $649... its now discontinued and you CANT got to a music store and buy one (discontinued about 2 years ago)

9. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

How about selling them to Guitar Center ? Are they down here ?

10. LemonDiscus

Yes... they would give me maybe $250 for all 3!!! :confused:

11. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

How nice of them.

12. LemonDiscus

yup and then they will sell them for the same or more than I am asking!

13. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

How about a pawn shop ?

14. LemonDiscus

About the same 250 for all... I have been around the music thing most of my life and BY FAR these are not my first 2... It may take longer and I may have to go another time and just pay $300 for the 6 Discus :confused:

15. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

Yeah, it's hard to let something go for well under what you know it's worth.

16. LemonDiscus

Yes it is.... :confused:

17. LemonDiscus

Well I am letting the Les Paul (the one I wanted $350 for) go for $250 today..... :confused: I would rather do that than have to pay an extra $100 for those fish another day.... I figured it was all the same thing....

18. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

So you still have the other 2?. Thats still better then 250 for all three

19. LemonDiscus

Agreed... yes I still have the other 2.... anyhow, this gives me enough money for 6 discus... maybe 7 but I probably need meds.... maybe salt IDK... Getting ready to call Animal Jungle and get some details on these fish like how many they have and if they treated them already! (ALMOST ALL wild fish are sick with something whether they are symptomatic or not)

20. Guidoman888

Guidoman888 New Member

True.. And the'll move from dirty water to a cleaned (hopefullu :) ) Tank. Wont that cause them stress to?