1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Ophthalmotilapia nasuta ( Green Tiger )

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by Alleycat, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Alleycat

Alleycat Thread Starter Member

Not one of the common featherfins, but occaisionally seen for sale. They came to me as wild caught and have yet to supply me with any fry. The dominent male has been building lare pits and enticing the gals into them, but I guess they aren't quite ready yet.
    Here's a few shots
    ai233.photobucket.com_albums_ee237_Alleycat044_Assorted_20Fish_20Shots_007_3.jpg
    ai233.photobucket.com_albums_ee237_Alleycat044_Assorted_20Fish_20Shots_006_4.jpg
    ai233.photobucket.com_albums_ee237_Alleycat044_044.jpg
    ai233.photobucket.com_albums_ee237_Alleycat044_IMG_0484.jpg

Thanks for looking

2. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

Is that a shark in the back? Wouldn't it eat the eggs? (I know how defensive they are of there nests, but still.)

3. Alleycat

Yep, that was a redtailed black shark that was in there for about 30 hours. I hate babysitting fish....

4. MasterBlue

MasterBlue Active Member

lol, babysitting fish sounds like a bad idea XD With water chemistry differences and all, lol.

5. Alleycat

It was more than a bad idea, it was a disaster. I lost a fish to it's wonderful personality.
    Who say's ya can't teach an old dog new tricks !!
    Next time I look after someones pride and joy it's staying in a 5g bucket.

wackfish