1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

silver dollar pls help me!!!

Discussion in 'Charicin Fish' started by dshiz, Oct 2, 2013.

1. dshiz

dshiz Thread Starter New Member

Are these juvenile rbps or silver dollar? IMG_20131002_053004_225.jpg IMG_20131002_053004_225.jpg

Attached Files:

2. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

I wish I could help but I am terrible with id's.

3. BarbH

BarbH Member

Hi and welcome to EFF. Is it possible to get a better picture of the fish? From what I have been able to find juvenile Red Belly Piranhas will have a silver body with dark spots, the red will develop as they get older. From what I can see the head shape of Silver dollars and RBP are fairly similar.

Just to note Silver Dollars usually don't do to well in planted tanks, they tend to eat the plants.

4. dshiz

dshiz Thread Starter New Member

Tyvm!!! They def have dots IMG_20131003_242912_752.jpg IMG_20131003_242912_752.jpg They def have black dots on them

5. amylizcat

amylizcat New Member

I am not an expert but I am pretty sure that is not a silver dollar

6. betta

betta Administrator Staff Member

This is an old thread but these fish look very much like Silver Dollars. The little dark spots can be attributed to the photo. It's not easy to shoot fish with a standard camera and lower lighting can cause the effect of having dark spots when there are none. I don't really see the spots and the look and shape of the fish appear to be Silver Dollars. I hope they are still alive. Nice fish tank!