1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

RCS Breeding

Discussion in 'Invertebrates' started by HBIC, Jan 3, 2013.

1. HBIC

HBIC Thread Starter Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

I have noticed something unusual lately, I have a 20 long that is stocked with endlers but also rcs and breeding ramshorns (for the assassins ;) Filtered with an ac 20, a huge clump of java moss and quite a bit of cladophora from a broken down marimo ball. This tank I have done a bit of an experiment on, I have for the last 6 months not changed any water just topped up I have not checked params but the interesting thing is that my cherry shrimp have EXPLODED in population. I am going to have too break out the test kit (I hope it is still good) and test the params.

2. Philsy

Philsy Member

I notice that the less attention the more I endup with, so I dubbed them aquarium cockroaches.

3. HBIC

It definitely seems as though your theory is right in this case...lol

4. 3ndler3nvy

3ndler3nvy New Member

Do you have copper pipes? RCS are very sensitive to copper.

5. HBIC

Oh my pipes are not copper, not just rcs but all inverts are sensitive to copper ;)

6. 3ndler3nvy

3ndler3nvy New Member

Yup. Except maybe Malaysian Trumpet Snails. I don't think they are sensitive to anything. :D

7. Philsy

Philsy Member

I think the boom may have something to do with a higher volume planktonic critters that thrive in less sterile water

8. HBIC

You could be right, the params all check out though 6.4 ph, 0 ammonia and trItes and about 25 trAtes.