1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

sand

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by bouncer36, Jun 13, 2013.

1. bouncer36

bouncer36 Thread Starter Member

hi im thinking of putting sand in my tank i have live plants it is a freshwater tank does anyone know if petstore sand is heaving enough not clog filters

2. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

I wouldn't worry about paying those prices at the pet store, you can go to a pool supply store and by filter sand for a lot cheaper if you are looking to save a little money

• Like Like x 1
  3. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

4. bouncer36

bouncer36 Thread Starter Member

Went for sand at petsmart and the told if I wanted sand in my tank I should have put it in when I set up my tank. Because I will have to wait a whole week before I can put my fish back in so I left without it. I went to home deport and they didn't have any pool filter sand. So wesday I will look at lowes

5. mancave1

mancave1 Member

Lowes will have it , Wal-Mart will have sand too .

6. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

I've changed a tank over from gravel to sand while leaving the fish in. Just have to make sure that the sand is rinsed really really good.