1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Skoolz of Fish

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by SyncereOne, May 5, 2009.

1. SyncereOne

SyncereOne Thread Starter New Member

Hey guys...a friend of mines who I met through Craigslist has set up his own online freshwater fish store. He lives here in Richmond, and is currently running things from his house. He has an insane setup at his house for the fish, and is very knowledgeable about freshwater fish, especially SA and CA cichlids. He has has quality livestock, so if you are in Richmond, and are looking for some freshwater stock, send him an email. His prices are better than the local stores.

Thanks

2. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

www.skoolzoffish.com

http://www.skoolzoffish.com
    ยป Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:38 pm

Skoolz of Fish - http://skoolzoffish.com/
    Richmond, VA
    Phone Number: (804) 592-2799
    E-mail: rsabbakhan@skoolzoffish.com

Hey guys! Just bought 2 new Discus today. 2-3 inches for 35 bucks! Check out the site. He will order you whatever you want and the prices are crazy low. Great quality fish too! I know he currently has Electric Blue Rams. I think they are 15 bucks a piece. Last time I saw those they were 30 bucks a piece!

3. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Re: www.skoolzoffish.com

Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:38 pm

I bought 2 huge pieces of driftwood for $10 each and he threw in at no cost 6 red eyed tetra that are healthy. Rama is the owner if in Richmond he delivers (well you meet in a parking lot). Very knowledgeable about fish keeping.

4. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

Re: www.skoolzoffish.com

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:13 pm

Yep, he's the man! I buy all of my fish from him now.. Just bought 4 more discus from him last night...

5. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

Had 1 bad experience with this guy and he stuck to his word and fixed it. He replaced all of my Discus. He still owes me two more and has held off on replacing them for a month now until he can give me fully healthy and the best colored fish he can find. He offered me my money back but I told him I would rather have the fish. Replaced two of them 3 weeks ago and they are doing great! I will be picking up my other two this weekend. I will post pics. I definitely recommend Skoolzoffish.com if you are in the Richmond area. Rama has a lot of knowledge and the customer service is outstanding!

6. WhiteGloveAquatics

WhiteGloveAquatics New Member

I left a VM yesterday morning and still nothing, even left my email since I am in chicago.

I am about to drop a good 1200 on discus in about a week and am reaching out everywhere to get what I want.

If you guys know him have him check his VM and get back to me.

7. HBIC

HBIC Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

If you are planning to spend that amount why not get them directly from Hans, I would post a link to his site but it will get deleted due to it having links

8. WhiteGloveAquatics

never seen that one before, thanks! I already in the first 3 I see one that is a possibility.

9. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

Yeah, i'm with Anthony there. You should order directly from Hans. If you google him it will take you directly to the website. Call for a price list. If your planning on spending that you can get a lot of fish! LFS here got a price list and shared it with me. I'm gonna be buying from their next order. Dirt cheap and he always has really pretty fish!

10. WhiteGloveAquatics

we found a hans dealer local to me not but 20 minutes away going to check him out tomorrow

Also, found a 190g tank,canop,stand,predrilled for 1500 that might be the new discus home, weighing my options right now of getting 4 for my 45 or getting the 190 and going discus amazon heaven with it.

11. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

That sounds awesome! I just moved my big Discus into the tank with the others. I didnt realize how big it was until I moved it. Now I have a 50 gallon available to put more in. One of the stores here has 2 and he said he would sell them to me for 15 bucks a piece. About 2-3 inches. I may pick those up on Sunday. Only problem is the PH in the stores tank is around 6.2 and my tanks are a consistent 7. I would have to acclimate them REALLY slowly and just hope for the best.

12. WhiteGloveAquatics

An hour on a drip should do them fine, that isnt a hard swing for them, from what ive read there are people that keep discus in 7.6+ ph water , granted breeding is non existant but....

13. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

Yeah, i've read that too. People keeping them in PH up to 8.0.

14. WhiteGloveAquatics

Fish will adapt to the PH, its not a problem at all really unless you are going from a 5.0 to an 8.0 or even 7.5. our tap is 8.8 out here and some guys just add dechlor and let them be. others around here sweat by pure RO water and equilbrium...

15. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

If your going with Hans check out this link...it will even tell you what he keeps his tanks at (I contacted him to find out before I purchased mine) Buying a Hans Discus fish
    Not to get off subject, but also I've heard highly about Jack Wattley.

16. WhiteGloveAquatics

PM me with a link then since it cant be done here.

Oh the research to do but still debating weather to order this 150g from glasscages or not.

17. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

Just sent you a PM...

18. bremz8

bremz8 New Member

just bought 9 cichlids from rama, granted my eel ate 6 of them. they were cheap and great looking fish while they lasted...made a good 30 dollar meal for my bichir

19. Ben

Ben New Member

I visited Rama the other day over at his new shop he is in. He has some nice stock and I would recommend him.

20. jrow8162

jrow8162 Member

Do you have the address for his new shop? I'm friends with him on facebook and he keeps telling me to come by but I dont have the address.... :)