1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Where to purchase Flowehorn

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by HBIC, Aug 16, 2012.

1. HBIC

HBIC Thread Starter Need help??? That's what we're here for :)

I have caught the itch for a flowerhorn. I use to have one but had to rehome it when I downsized a while back. The place I bought my first one is no longer in business and to be honest I have only bought stock from my friend Rachel Oleary (MsJinkzd) for several years now. Since she only deals in inverts and micro fish she is unable to help. So I turn to everyone here :) Any suggestions for where to buy a decent quality flowerhorn that isn't at aquabid GINORMOUS prices?

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

not sure about your area, but my local CL always seems to have them (may wanna check yours)?

3. HBIC

I wish my LFS did carry them Dawn lol Guppies are about as exotic as they get in my LFS.

4. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

5. HBIC

Thanks Buzz, I purchased fish from them once and they did not have the best quality or healthiest fish. I am not one to allow one bad experience to sway me as poop does happen, however upon researching I found I was not the only person who was dissatisfied with the experience. I would steer clear of them, thanks for the suggestion :)

6. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

Try searching on Aquabid. My Flowerhorn is now 12" and the 90 gal is getting too small for him. He is recently being kept by friends due to all my moving lately. He is definitely a character. My puppy in a tank.

7. HBIC

I will check it out, the last time I looked they all seemed VERY over priced on AB.

8. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

yes sometime they are

9. HBIC

Going to check out a few shops a few hours away tomorrow, fingers crossed :)

10. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

11. HBIC

I use to hear such bad things about their shipping and customer service, I will have to check out now and see what I hear. They have some nice ones.