1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Koi Tank

Discussion in 'Beginners, New Tanks, Recommendations' started by Holly Stolarky, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Holly Stolarky

Holly Stolarky Thread Starter New Member

Hi there!

I am new to fish keeping and have a 75 gal tank with 4 koi that I just cannot seem to get right. The water is very cloudy after repeated water changes. I have even removed all gravel decorations in an attempt to get the water to clear up, but no luck. I also noticed today that it appears that 2 of the koi have lost some scales. Any ideas on what could be going on?

2. Michael M. Noyes

Michael M. Noyes New Member

As per my experience, I think this is mainly happening due to bacterial bloom. If you have a new aquarium then Goes through the initial break-in cycle,it is not unusual for the water to become cloudy or at least a little hazy.

3. Michael M. Noyes

Michael M. Noyes New Member

As per my experience, I think this is mainly happening due to bacterial bloom. If you have a new aquarium then Goes through the initial break-in cycle, it is not unusual for the water to become cloudy or at least a little hazy.