1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

New 200l tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater General Discussion' started by Jonas Buchholz, Nov 9, 2014.

IS the shark a good idea?

1. Yes!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jonas Buchholz

Jonas Buchholz Thread Starter New Member

Hello,
    I want to get myself a new aquarium, and i am thinking a 200l should be big enough. I wan't the fish in the tank to be very colorfull but i have already decided that i want a red-tailed black shark and 2 Pimelodus pictus so they would have too co-exist with those. The rest i don't know yet and i hoped that some of you might be able to help me with that.

2. betta

betta Administrator Staff Member

Sorry for the late reply, Jonas.

Red tailed black sharks can grow much larger than you realize. a 200l tank should definitely be large enough and the rest depends upon the other fish. Generally they are aggressive fish so I would only get those which are sufficiently large and have ample hiding spaces and usually the rule is one per tank. You might be able to get away with one more. The pimelodus pictus should be able to co-exist and that would be fine. The real question is the rest of the tank. If you really want the shark, I wouldn't keep the tank too crowded, but it is a very nice size.

• Agree Agree x 1