1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

Plecostomus - How many pleos in one tank?

Discussion in 'Plecos, Sucker Cats' started by bouncer36, Jul 4, 2012.

1. bouncer36

bouncer36 Thread Starter Member

Thank you that was fast

2. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

your welcome, but most people blanch it to remove any possible impurities.

blanch- bring to boil and immediately remove it and toss it into ice-water.

3. buzz4520

buzz4520 Well-Known Member

my plecos will also eat fruit like deskined white grapes and black cherries, banana, peaches, strawberry. just try giving your pleco (your other fish as well) diffferent kinds of veggies and fruits (not all at once of course) as a treat and they'll let you know what they like/dislike. example: my 2 plecos and tiger oscar will eat banana but my 2 albino oscars and jack dempsey won't. put a small handfull of shelled peas in the tank and all the fish goes on a feeding frenzy.

4. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

I have found that bristle nose plecos are best for algae. Common plecos tend to be more scavengers than algae eaters. Algae control can be a problem but is obtainable decreasing the time your lights are on and be adding live plants helps with algae, (some plants can be as bad as the algae itself). Get a small terra cotta pot put in a little natural potting soil cover it with gravel and try growing some sword plants. Not only good for algae control but ammonia also.