1. Welcome to Aquarium Space! We are a friendly online community for aquarium owners all over the world who love their tanks including their fish, reefs, corals, invertebrates and their aquatic livestock. If you haven't joined yet, we invite you to register and join our community!

where's all the salties?

Discussion in 'Saltwater Fish Forum' started by gangstafish, Jan 17, 2011.

1. gangstafish

gangstafish Thread Starter Member

Why aren't there any new posts from the saltwater community? Has anyone got any new fish to brag about? Or has anyone got any new things for their reef tanks? Come on people. I haven't been on here in a while but now I am back.
    cars 127.jpg cars 133.jpg cars 134.jpg cars 136.jpg cars 126.jpg

2. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

We don't seem to have very many salt water people on here. Tell your friends ! LoL

3. heatherine

heatherine Member

While I love the salties, and would love to have a sw tank, honestly the hobby scares me to death. It seems so much more complicated, and maintaining my fw tanks already take up so much of my brain space (lol). My mom is really keen on starting one up in the 25 gal setup I gifted her though, so maybe she'll connect with this site for tips. She's never kept anything but fw and it's been years and years, so this should be interesting! :)

4. heatherine

heatherine Member

PS your fish are amazing! Can you tell me what they are?

5. FishVixen

FishVixen Active Member

once set up salties aren't that much more work than freshwater. Just more expensive to set up.

6. MOD_Dawn

MOD_Dawn Active Member

that wasn't my experience, with the ro/di and the salt that constantly needed mixed for partials...much more "constant" expenses rather than just connecting a python and dosing the tank with prime before re-fill.